Panicked and reeling in pain, the teenage girl is extracted from the car and whisked away to the helicopter.
Calmly poking away at his iPad, the brave little boy has learned to set aside fear and pain while the nurses prepare for his next cancer treatment.
Nervously clutching her purse, the middle-aged woman shuffles in shock toward the waiting room; her face of reassurance melted into tears the moment she turned away from her husband as they wheeled him into the operating room.
Tragedy strikes every day. But miracles happen just as often. Thanks to people like you.
Our country is blessed with a community who will gladly take an hour of their day twice a year to make themselves feel good. By giving the gift of blood.
It’s not hard, and it doesn’t hurt. It takes a total of about 45 minutes, and for each pint of blood; three lives will be saved.
Here’s a few more facts about blood donation:
- There’s four steps: medical history, quick physical, donation, and snacks.
- The actual blood donation usually takes less than 10 minutes.
- Giving blood will not decrease your strength.
- You cannot get AIDS or any other infectious disease by donating blood.
- Fourteen tests including 11 for infectious diseases, are conducted on each unit of blood.
- 5 million Americans would die each year without life-saving blood transfusions.
- Every three seconds someone needs blood.
Here’s one other fact:
IT DOESN’T HURT!
In fact, it feels pretty good.
Are you healthy?
Can you handle a little pinch and a free snack?
Can you find just an hour this Friday between 3 & 7?
We’ve all known someone who’s suffered an injury or illness. This Friday, you have a chance to help three complete strangers live through a devastating experience.
They’ll never know your name. But every day, they’ll wake up grateful to be alive.
And all it takes is a little pinch.
The Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank will be at our Elizabethtown office this Friday from 3 to 7.
Please stop by. Here is where we’re located.